Thursday, April 23, 2020

Mirror & Me


What if,
When I shave each morning
I look in a mirror
And see the real me,
The me that is love
That is me mixed into everything,
Not just my body
but everything I can imagine
That makes me me
And more, so much more?

What if
When I wash my face
I look in a mirror
And see an awe inspiring me
Looking back so very lovingly at me?

What if 
The image in the mirror
Is the real me
Looking at a manufactured me,
Who spends far too much time
Looking at my flaws and foibles?

What if 
The image in the mirror
Is trying to tell me
That I have merely forgotten
That I am in person in the mirror
Who is awesome in so many ways,
And who shouldn't spend so much time
On the flaws and foibles.

What if 
The image in the mirror
Is asking me to spend more time
On the love and beauty within me
So that it can shine out?


What if
The image in the mirror is
Trying to show me
The real me
Who is playing
Hide and seek with me?
And every time I look in a mirror
The real me is hiding in my eyes.



No comments: