Thursday, April 16, 2020

Coyote's De-anger Dance

Coyote’s De-anger Dance
By Mushroom Montoya

Coyote laughs at me
Tossing up his snout.
When I yell at the morning news.
I glare. “Stop ruining my mad.”

He laughs harder as he runs around
And then he gooses me.
I can't help but to laugh.

“You should take a picture of your face
when you are stressed, 
angry, 
and especially
When you are furious.
Although I have not seen your
Furious face for years.
I laugh whenever I think about it.”

My face is hot.
He lifts one leg up and pisses
on a photo of my angry face.
“You've got to learn to piss on it,
And laugh at yourself.
Hell, I laugh at myself
All the time.”

“You pissed on my face!”
I yell!
His mischief giggles,
“Don't Take yourself so seriously.
Ain’t life hilarious?
It really is.”

I crack a smile.
“More! More!
Don’t stop there!”
Coyote coaxes and cocks
His pointy eared head.
“When you feel pissed off,
Piss on it. 

And then dance.”

Coyote rolls over on his back
Laughing.
Making me laugh, too.
“I love how you dance.”

“What?” I stop and ask.
Coyote whirls around me
On his hind legs, goosing me again.
“You should dance more often.
You can’t dance and stay pissed.

“I can try,” I say.
Coyote howls,
“I love to dance with you,
To dance through you.
I love the sensual flow,
The way your body undulates
and sways to the music.
I feel wonderful
When you invite me in.
Thank you for that.”

I bow.
He grins. 
“I will reward you
By showing you more things
To laugh about.
You give me so many opportunities.”


No comments: