Monday, January 15, 2018

I Hope I Don't Care



When my body is dead,
I hope I don't care.
They, whoever they may be,
Can do with my body
As they please
To please themselves
Because
I hope I don't care.
I won't be there
Anyway,
To weep, or cry,
To laugh, or sigh.
My time in this time
Will be complete.
And I can move on
To whatever is next.
I hope it won't be to rest.
Rest in peace?
Not that. Please, please.
I will fly into the light
To meet our son,
And those I still hold dear
In my heart of hearts.
I will embrace each one
Especially our son
Who I will hug for a
Delightful segment of eternity.
Meanwhile, here on Earth
My body will be dead,
Empty of my spirit.
So, what they do with it
I hope I don't care.

Some people worry about what will happen to their bodies after their bodies are dead and if anyone will miss them enough to celebrate their life.
After my body is dead, I won't have any control over how or if people celebrate my life. Even if I ask for a memorial service and to have my dead body cremated, whoever is left with the responsibility to dispose of my body could do anything they want.

They could have my body cremated and then have my ashes mixed in bubbles and blow me away.
Or mixed in paint to create a piece of art.
They could feed my body to the fish in the ocean.
Or bury it in a grave where no one will come to play and laugh. That would be sad.
When my body is dead, I won't have any control. And I hope I don't care.

No comments: