Monday, November 20, 2017

R.I.P.


R.I.P.

What if we don't rest in peace

when our bodies die?

I have to ask the question, Why?

Our bodies will be useless

when they are buried

Or have gone up in smoke.

What if this is all a joke?

What if we die
We "wake up" from this lie
and see it was just a dream?

Do you know what I mean?

What if this existence

That we call life,

Is a total illusion

Mixed with fun and strife.

What if we don't die at all?

What if we can fly or crawl

Swim or sail or do nothing at all

because we are free

from the confines of a body.

I hope I do not R.I.P.

When I leave my body.

I know where I'll go.

I've been there already.
But I keep forgetting
what it's like.
I know that is necessary
To keep our illusion of life alive.
Thus we continue to strive
To make a better world
for the human race
just in case
This is not an illusion.


No comments: