Wednesday, November 08, 2017

God's Coyote In My Head



Camari wrote, “God will reward everything you do in private. The times you've helped people, cleaned up for someone, extended yourself beyond your means...everything you've done to help make someone's else's life easier - WITHOUT a thank you - God sees it. I believe that.”


There be a wild and silly coyote in me head,
Who made me giggle at what I read.
What I saw in her written text
Is quite funny.
When I read what's next,
I laughed a little more,
As if God opened a door
To silliness.
If what I do in private
God looks and sees
Then, private it cannot be,
Because God would be
sneaking, and peeking at me.
Or it could mean
That God will give me a reward
In a secret place
Filled with grace
That no one can see.
Except, maybe me.
Or the meaning might be
That no one need see
The good that I do
For others or for you
Because God and me
Are buddies. You see?
So it doesn't matter
If I receive gratitude
It won't affect my attitude.
Life is wonderfully silly.
God's coyote told me so
When he was all aglow
Playing and being silly with me.



No comments: