Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Moon Beams Baby Blanket for Tiger Edan Isu Yoon

I crocheted the Moon Beams baby blanket for Tiger Yoon, my grandson. I had intended to complete it before Tiger was born on the 20th of February 2006. I thought I could finish it on the 12 hour

Front Side View 44" x 21"

flight from Seattle to Seoul. And I probably could have, except that I lost my n-16 hook. I figured that I could finish it while in Korea before I returned home. I searched all over South Korea for a crochet hook larger than N-8 to no avail. I tried taping the n-8 hook to a pen. It did not work. I even tried making a wide loop, but it came out too uneven.


Back Side View
When I emailed my son in Auburn (near Seattle), I thought I had the answer. However, I mistakenly told my son to mail me a 16 mm hook instead of an N-16 hook. He sent a 15 3/4 hook. It is much larger than an N-16. The universe played a little joke on me. ;-0 Not to be daunted, I completed the blanket before I left Korea. I used Lion Brand Yarn, WOOL-EASE, 6 ozs. 5 skeins of Sky Blue and 2 skeins of off white. I started with a N 16 hook. I lost it somewhere between leaving the house on the way to the airport in Seattle or I lost it on the plane. When I arrived in Korea, I continued with a N 8 hook. I finished it with a 15 3/4 mm hook. This was my first normal crochet project. Each stitch is embued with love. I even crocheted a heart on the moon.

3 comments:

Denise Montoya said...

Dear Mushroom,
How wonderful that you are so darned talented and very creative! The world is a better, and far prettier place, because of you!
Good job, Cookie Nose!
Love,
Denise Xoxoxoxoxoxo

~drew emborsky~ said...

You did a fantastic job on finishing this ghan! It looks great!! (and that dog is way cute too!)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry for what happened to you on the plane and korea. But I'm also glad you were able to finsh it. It's very nice I know Tigerboy is going to love it. Maybe he do what I did and keep it. Well I'm glad that everything turn out great. :)