Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Controlling Our Mind Is Wrong

By Mushroom Montoya


Some dare to suggest
that we need to control
                                    our minds
So, that we may become
                                        enlightened.

Who, then,
is doing the controlling,
if not
our minds?

I shall do no such travesty
                            upon the majesty
                                                    of my mind.

For to demand control
is to make it behave
In such a way as to be acceptable
to others

Who do not care to know me,
well enough
                    To see
that when my mind is free
it invites creativity.

With that gift,
I can save myself,
And maybe the world,
from insanity.

I prefer to release all control
of my mind,
And encourage it to
                                wander
                                              and wonder,
Allowing creativity to devour it,
whole.

1 comment:

Katja Boehm said...

so true! it is our minds telling our minds to be controlling...
love to you and yours from Germany! ♡