Friday, October 02, 2020

Of Course I Meditate

Of Course I Meditate

By Mushroom Montoya


I disappear in meditation

To the pushing and pulling

Of my diaphragm. 

Air in, air out.


A jumbo jet full of people

Rumbles across the sky, 

Going somewhere, 

Or coming home.


My stomach inflates.

My skin stretches. 

A cool breeze whispers

Blurred photos in my ears.


Air in, air out.

Voices dance across the wall behind my head,

Wearing thick crocheted socks,

So as not to disturb me.


But I know they’re hunting.

Gliding, and bump thumping

For an entry

Into my attention.


I place the voices on a pillow

And return to my breathing

Back to my diaphragm ,

Squeezing and sucking.


My shoulder say, "We’re here."

My spine joins, “Me too.”

I bow inside my head.

Air in, air out.


How long  have I been here?

Isn’t it time to get up?

Birds chirp out my window.

My stomach shrinks and grows.

 
I inhale the world 

All the way to my feet.

The floor is flat.

The wood is cool.


My timer buzzes.

I open my eyes.

That went by so fast.

I smile and resume my day.

No comments: