Friday, October 09, 2020

Cello Dance

 

Cello Dance

By Mushroom Montoya

I am grateful for dance.

I didn’t know how much

It would enhance

My wellbeing.


Stephanie invited me

To watch her practice

Playing her concert cello

In the big round meeting room.


She sat on the stage.

Cello standing.

Arm swaying.

Fingers walking.


Ernie invited me to follow

Him doing tai chi

To the music,

But I didn’t know how.


I chose instead

To be led

By the music

Floating from the cello.


When I let go

Of wondering

If I looked good enough,

If I was inadequate,


The music kissed me

Intimately

Way down

Inside, Deep,


All the way

To my core.

Something in me

Remembered doing this before.


I released all control

Letting my body move,

Allowing the cello’s

Beats and notes


To play my arms,

My legs.

My entire body.


Like the

Visual,

Physical

Musical

Instrument

It is.


I lifted my arms

And climbed onto the

Clouds of notes

Floating all around me.


I slid over and under

Riding a musical horse,

Swimming with a choir

Of dolphins.

Flying with an orchestra

Of geese.


I danced for days and weeks.

Who really knows?

I was in music’s time,

In a realm of musical delight,


Where time and worry

Do not exist,

Only blooms of joy

And the swaying

Of bliss.

 Audio Clip of Cello Dance

No comments: