Saturday, July 31, 2021

Chinook Pass Meet Up

Denise and I met Anthony and John at Chinook Pass late this morning. A few days before, we told the guys that we would bring them something to drink. I asked them if they wanted beer. John asked for a tall high calorie can of honey and Gensing tea. Anthony asked for a Coke. 
This morning, I made them each a high calorie sandwich. As I made them, I was going to put in a slice of turkey, I decided to put two big slices in each sandwich.  I received a message from John telling me that started this morning at 6AM. I figured we could meet them a little after 10Am.  I did not anticipate a construction detour. The drive was beautiful, going through the mountains. The speed limit sign went from 55mph to 35. I was worried that the guys would have to wait for us. But it all worked out. The guys arrived at the same time that we did.  
The parking lot at the pass was so packed, people were parking illegally. I parked in a non-parking spot, blocking a car. Luckily the owner did not return to his car while we were there. 
There was no cell phone service for us to find out if they guys were already at chinook Pass and where they were. 
And since we were parked illegally, I asked Denise to wait in the car while I went looking for the guys. I saw John first, across the street. He gave me a strong sweaty hug. Anthony followed and gave me an even sweatier hug. I led them to the car where Denise and I gave them the lunch . They didn't take long to eat the sandwiches and drink a half liter of Coke and tea. I gave Anthony another half liter of Coke and John a bottle of rootbeer. 
After the short rest, they took off.  
I will meet up with them in about 4 days, with another high calorie sandwich and half liters of Coke and Gensing honey tea.
After eating they had to relieve themselves.

And then then too off. 



Around 4PM I received the following message from John:
'Thanks again for the lunch. It was a real energy boost for the climb to 6400 feet. We really appreciate it."
 Chinook Pass is at 5400 feet. 







 

No comments: