Monday, August 06, 2018

The Good Lord's Work


A kilt wearing Irishman
Gulped a swig of Guinness
While he sat next to me
In an Irish pub nearby.
"Would ye be knowing," he said,
" 'tis not healthy
For a man to wear pants."
He took another swig
Of his dark brown Guinness.
"And squish those precious jewels
That God gave him?"
I wanted to reply,
But I didn't know what to say.
He dismounted his barstool
Put his hands on his hips
And jutted his chin
To make his point.
"The good Lord, didn't make 'em
To swing
In a hanging basket
So ye could wrap 'em
In tight suffocating pants."
I threw my hands up.
"What am I supposed to do.
I can't run around naked."
He held his big belly
And laughed with a sneer.
"Would ye be knowing
Where to buy you a fine kilt
In this here town?
If ye do,
Buy one.
And don't insult the good Lord's work
By stuffing yer jewels
In ball squshing panties."
I wear my kilt from time to time,
And I don't wear panties
When wearing it.
I wouldn't want to insult
The good Lord's work.

No comments: