Friday, July 20, 2018

Why the hell should I be grateful?





Why the hell should I be grateful?


There is so much pain and so much strife.


I feel like I've been suffering all my life.


But when I look in the eyes of my mate,


When the morning sun shines me awake,


And illuminates the entire room,


I remember


to move the I


In my question and say,


“That is why the hell


I should be grateful.”


I am grateful when I hear her words


That are filled with wit and charm


That make me feel loved and warm.


I am grateful that she challenges me


A better person to be.


I don't always like it


It sometimes feels unkind


But a better person I am


When I open my mind.


And when it opens I see


So many things in me


That I am grateful for.


From my head to my toes


I see that it is my life that glows


When I am grateful for everything,


And anything that comes my way.


And now I can say,


"That is why the hell


I should be grateful."


No comments: