Friday, May 04, 2018

Death as an Advisor




I am grateful for the advice that Death offers us. We don't often think of Death as someone who can offer advice. We usually imagine a faceless hooded creature with skeleton hands, wearing a black robe. The image is frightening. But when someone dies, Death provides us with advice. He does it so quietly that we rarely, if ever, notice that the advice comes from him.
When someone we love dies, Death fills our minds with memories of our loved one. He conjures questions and feelings in our minds and hearts. He reminds us that we do not know when he will come for us. Therefore, we should live life fully. 
Death is a valuable and ever-present advisor. He suggests that you ask yourself the following questions from time to time, especially when we feel stressed:
If I were to die tomorrow, would worrying matter?
If I were to die tomorrow, would whatever I am spending my time on be that important.
Would I regret or be happy with what I am doing right now? 
After I died, would I be remembered for being a blessing?
There are many more questions that he asks if we listen.
                                    

No comments: